Friday, December 03, 2004

God Works In the Little Things

The conference I talked about yesterday was amazing. The most amazing things about it were the little details that came together throughout the weekend. Everything from registering over 600 people in an hour to people offering to help left and right. Several times throughout the planning of the event I got overwhelmed and often wondered how I was going to get everything done. I believe God heard my cries and answered me. As soon as I cried out for help the phone would ring, and it happened to be someone who offered to help months ago, who I just forgot to call. At that moment I was able to delegate what was worrying me, so I could get other things done. I was extremely thankful for the ways in which the Lord worked by having the right people call at the extact moment I needed them (thank you Lord for Lori and Chrys).

Also during the weekend the girls had ended up eating in the hallways of the church so they could get to the class they wanted. Unfortunately it left crumbs all over the floor, so we pulled out several vacuums and I planned on cleaning in between sessions, but I did not have to because the Lord provided servants to do that task as well. Mothers of some of my girls who happened to be waiting around saw the vacuums, picked them up, and began to vacuum without being asked. It was such a blessing.

One of the biggest blessings to me from the Lord this weekend was my best friend Caley. She is amazing to begin with, but I was reminded that she was the best best friend ever that weekend. She came into town to help me out at the conference. She was my right-hand woman. If I needed anything done, she would run and do it. If I was busy and people were waiting to talk to me, she would intercede and help them out. She always had a smile on her face and she made me laugh constantly throughout the weekend. Without her I know that I would have been a ball full of stress throughout the conference. She is an amazing woman that the Lord has blessed me with over and over again. I can't thank God enough for the gift of Caley. She is the sister I always longed for, but never had.

It is amazing what the Lord will do when you just say yes to Him. He was the reason this conference was such a success. He was the one who brought together amazing teachers and committee members, as well as an excellent speaker and praise team. I prayed that He would bring all the details together and He did just that. The Lord is amazing and it is awesome to see what He can do with a little seed and someone who is willing to help it grow.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad the conference went well. I wish I could have been there to help, but I was praying for you. I knew you would do a great job, you have a great heart.

Mark Lavender said...

Sarah --

Where are you? No posts in 4 months. Even I can do better than that!