Tuesday, September 13, 2005

63 Years, What's Ahead and Macy...

Today is my grandparents 63 wedding anniversary. Congrats Virgil and Irma. I pray and long for the day when Kevin and I will be able to celebrate our 63rd. I can't imagine being married for that many years, not in a bad way of course. More in the simple things...like...How close you have grown to that person, how you know what they are going to say or do, and how spending a day without that person would be as if a part of you was missing. I am very thankful for my grandparents. For the amazing family they have - all 40 of us. The amazing faith they live out and the example of that faith they are to us. They are two of my spiritual mentors who have helped shape my faith. Thanks gram and gramp for being such a great example to me. I can't wait to celebrate 64 years with you.

On a side note...this summer has been wild - I have been stretched, shaped and molded. In June, my co-youth minister resigned and moved to Tennessee. So I have been in charge of spiritually directing about 300 kids for the summer - like I said stretched, shaped and molded. In the next couple of weeks the church I work for will be interviewing some candidates for my co-youth minister. I ask that you be in prayer for this process and that the Lord brings the perfect person for the job.

A sad update on Macy...she was never found, but her collar was. Macy was hit by a car and is now in a better place. I was sad, but relieved to find out. I am now getting the itch to get another one. I am hoping in the next couple of months or so we will have a new furry friend in our lives.

That's about all for now. Will be talking to ya soon.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So you have been in charge of spiritually directing about 300 kids for the summer and you are AWESOME at it! I am glad you are my youth minister! Keep it up! Have a great week!
Love,
Heather

Julie said...

yeah you have been awesome at it! i miss being in the youth group with you! love ya ~julie

Afton said...

Sarah, I'm so glad to see that you are blogging again! I know that this has been a difficult summer for you...but you are the person who taught me that God will never give you more than you can handle. I just wanted to remind you of that. I know you are an amazing example for those kids to follow...THIS kid is very thankful for your spiritual guidance! I love you lady! ~Affie

Mark Lavender said...

You've been tagged...see my blog.