Monday, May 14, 2007

Pepperdine

I have fallen behind on my posts. As soon as Kevin and I got back from our trip to Vegas and Cali I hit the ground running with our Youth Group's Garage Sale to raise money for our summer mission trips. So sorry this is kind of old news.

We had a great trip to Pepperdine. We went to a Dodger's game with the Lavendar's. We had all-you-can-eat Dodger Dogs and sat in the outfield. It was a blast and really neat to see to be at a baseball field that I had never been to before. It was fun.



We stayed with a friend of ours named Jen and slept in late everyday. We ate some great food - Marmalade's, BJ's, etc. I also helped lead a middle/high school oriented event during Pepperdine Lectures called The View. I had a blast working alongside Jim Hinkle. We had some great speakers come in - Mitch Wilburn, Jeff Walling and Sean Palmer. All who did an excellent job. The students were fun to get to know and hang out with for 3 days.


This trip was such a blessing for Kevin and I. We got to relax and not think about work. It was good to do that for a week. We are very thankful to God for this time to get away.

5 comments:

Candy said...

I miss Jim Hinkle. Sounds like you had a great time! Don't you just love eating a hot dog at a baseball game?

LJ said...

I just love Jeff Walling! Sounds like you had a blast! Good for you!

Hollie Reese said...

WHOA..I need to check you blog more often. You have been busy! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Truitt Ross said...

I am so jealous of all your travels!!! You look beautiful by the way. :) I'm so thankful I found your blog. Your kitchen table is beautiful, we'll have to make some more memories around this one. Way to go Kev, the backyard looks awesome! Can't wait to see you guys. love you both.

Truitt Ross said...

Sorry that last comment was from Kayci Ross, just to clear up that some random guy named Truitt isn't hitting on you. :)