Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Nights

I am going to miss Monday nights. The past year Kevin and I have had a group of Senior boys from the youth group over for dinner every Monday night. I fix a meal and we sit or stand around the table - eat, have good conversations and grow in relationship with one another. This years group of boys started with only four and by the end of the year there were 10 coming on every Monday night. It was such a blessing to feed them and listen to them interact with one another and with Kevin. Kevin and I have grown to love these boys and are excited for their next stage in life. They have all recently graduated and we cannot wait to see how the Lord is going to use them in this world. They are amazing men of God.

5 comments:

Candy said...

I think it's amazingly cool that you and Kevin opened up your home for to these guys and even cooler that they took you up on it. It says alot about each one of you. I know it meant the world to them. I've heard them talk about it. They'll miss you two.

Meredith said...

Sarah,
I don't know if you remember me, but I was just wasting time blog surfing and ran across yours. Just sending a friendly GATA/ACU, "Hello"!!

Meredith (Garner) Powell

Truitt Ross said...

I have sat in on some of these Monday nights in the past and I loved them! You are such a relational person and I love that you are willing to make a FEAST on Monday nights to feed these hungry boys! You are incredible. I know it takes time and a lot of money to keep that going but it means so much to them I'm sure. Thank you for investing in people, you are praising the Lord when you do it. Love, Kayci

Kate said...

You and Kevin are natural at connecting with people. Thanks for the way you serve the youth. When Brandon gets back, I want us to hang out you guys more! Get Kevin working on our Village!

Ashley said...

Hey, I just found your blog! wow!

What a great way to spend your Monday nights. I know the boys will always feel close to you because of these special evenings.

I can't fathom the amount of food it took to feed 11 boys! (with Kevin)