Monday, February 19, 2007

A Night of Blessing

Last night we had our 8th grade parents read a blessing over their 8th graders at Faith Decisions. It is always amazing to hear the love that is poored over their child. It is truly a holy moment as words of blessing are read. Many of the 8th graders have experienced so much in their lives already and they are only 13 or 14 years old. The amazing thing is that they have clung to their families and to God through every situation. These teens are some of my heroes. God has taught me so much through them - perseverance, faith and trust - to name a few. I was reminded again last night of the wise words in Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. God is good - ALL THE TIME!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It sounds like you had an amazing night. I can't believe that in just a few years I will be there doing that with Avery.