Monday, February 12, 2007

Stock Show and Rodeo


When I was a little girl my parents took the whole family to the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and we had a blast. I remember getting my first cowboy hat, getting are pictures drawn and eating a lot of great food. Well this year for my birthday I asked my parents to get me tickets. So we went this last weekend and it was awesome. The whole family was there including my older brothers fiance and my two cousins from IL. We had so much fun and ate way to much - fajitas, funnel cakes, deep fried onions, gyros, nachos, peanuts, etc. I could keep going. My cousins had never been to a rodeo before, so it was fun to see their reactions. Jessica thought the clowns during the bull riding were hilarious and couldn't figure out why one kept jumping in and out of a barrell. We also got to see Alan Jackson in concert. He was great! When we were younger we introduced these same cousins to country music and they ended up loving it. Jessica is constantly made fun of at college for listening to that "hillbilly music." But it was sure fun singing along with them to every song on Saturday night. Kevin and I were talking on the way home how much we love spending time Jason and Jessica. They are amazing people who make us laugh and always look at the bright side of things. It is so hard to say good bye. Jessica agreed to get rich, so we can buy a jet and spend more weekends together like this. We had a blast and we can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is an awesome picture of you and Kevin!! It looks like ya'll had fun. Alan Jackson? I would go see him. He's been around foreva!! I like his music. That hillbilly music! HA.

Kara said...

It's always nice to have a rich cousin! I am still jealous of the Alan Jackson thing...although his hair is outta control, he has some great music.

Candy said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad but we sure missed you around here. I love that picture of you and Kevin, too. That's a keeper. But country music? Ugh, can't go there.