Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Kev

Miami was great and I will blog more about this throughout the week, but this past weekend we celebrated Kevin's birthday. It is not the way I would have celebrated, but it is exactly what he wanted to do. His parents came up for the weekend and we spent the whole weekend in the yard. We planted flowers, trees and shrubs. We were all exhausted by the end of the weekend, but it was worth it. The flower beds went from looking like this:

(Yes they are filled with weeds.)

To looking like this:

Amazing I know. That was just the back yard. We also did the flower beds in the front.


As we were working in the yard I asked Kevin why he chose to do this on his birthday and he replied my birthday is just another day. I disagreed - I told him that it was this day that the Lord brought him into this world and that made the day special. I am such a lucky lady. God has blessed me with a great husband. Some of the things I love about him are his love for others, the way he is talented at things you wouldn't expect (computers, wood working, and gardening), his patience, his sincerity, and the way he can make me laugh. He is a gift from God that I hope I never take for granted. I am very thankful for March 17.

6 comments:

Kara said...

WOW! Yall did a lot of work...it looks great!

By the way, I want to hear more about Kevin being a good "word worker".
: )

Mark Lavender said...

Kevin is talented in many different ways. However, "word working" is not one of them! However, he is pretty good at working with wood!

The flower beds look great. I give Coop about 2 weeks before she digs up the first plants!

GSub said...

If by word working you mean, describing how the human body works...then I will have to disagree. If you are referring to working the word corn into any conversation, then I can think of no better word worker.

Kate said...

Happy birthday to Kevin! I agree with you that he is multi-talented and great at making people laugh. And I agree with Garrett. I never knew corn could be so funny until Kevin explained it to me. That single 30-minute conversation changed the way I look at the world.

The flower beds look so good! I really want to do something with ours, but neither Brandon nor I were blessed with a green thumb.

Sarah said...

whoops need to change that - Mark was right I meant he is good wood worker. I would agree with G about Kev's use of the word corn - he can pretty much lead any conversation to that topic.

Kara said...

Sarah,

I appreciate your thoughts. You and Kevin are special. Y'all mean a lot to so many people, and Kara and I are thankful for our friendship with y'all.

Zach