Thursday, March 29, 2007

Miami - A Small Bit of Sabbath

I know this was a couple of weeks ago now, but Miami was such a blessing. Kevin had a conference there and I got to spend the day here...

Just me, my IPOD and Harry Potter (# 5 - I am a little behind) from 11AM to 4PM. It was such a good time to relax and breath. The beach was amazing - some clouds, but mostly sunshine and a cool breeze off the ocean. Perfect weather to sun bathe. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous. This was the walkway that led to the pool.

The company that put on this conference had an awesome dinner party every night, so I would come up to the room after spending time on the beach and get ready for the evening. We had dinner on a 4-story yacht one night and another night was called Havanna Nights - there were flame throwers, jugglers and a band. They went all out. It was such a blessing to get away for a couple of days with the hubby and relax. It was very much needed. As soon as I returned home I hit the ground running at work. I am very grateful for the small bit of Sabbath that the Lord blessed me with in Miami.

2 comments:

Kara said...

sounds like it was a rough trip...
: )

Candy said...

Beautiful!! I'm so glad you got to go experience God and Harry Potter on the beach! Verrry interesting. Have I told you lately that you are amazing and we are so blessed to have you around our kids? no? Well, you are amazing and we are so blessed to have you around our kids.